Gran Paradiso ascent (2 days)
The Grand Paradis, or Gran Paradiso in Italian, is a summit just above 4000m high.
Climb this very popular 4000m peak, the only one entirely in Italy and known to be one of the easiest 4000m peak of the Alps.
A perfect summit to make your first steps onto the glaciers of the Alps !
The price above is the price per person based on two people minimum and four people maximum per guide.
Day 1: Chamonix - Valsavarenche
We’ll meet and start from Chamonix after checking our equipment. It takes about 1,5hr by car to reach Valsavarenche, a wonderful valley in the Gran Paradiso National Park. A 2 hr hike will take us to Chabod hut at 2710m. We’ll sleep there after a good Italian diner.
Day 2: Gran Paradiso ascent
Breakfast at 4am to start our Gran Paradiso ascent. The first part is a steep and rocky trail and then we’ll hike on a glacier almost to the top. The final part is an easy rocky ridge with a stunning view. It takes about 4/5 hours from the hut to reach the virgin statue at the summit. We’ll then go down either by the same route or depending on timing by the Victor Emmanuel hut, which offers a different route down the same valley. We’ll drive back to Chamonix.
- 2 days
- From June to September
- Group size
- 2 people min / 4 people max per guide
- Ways to travel
Included / Excluded :
- UIAGM / IFMGA international mountain guide. Our guides speak fluent English and beside the safety of your group, they will make your alpine experience unforgettable.
- Half board basis in mountain hut (diner and breakfast included)
- Collective mountain equipment (rope, carabiners, …)
- Transportation by car from Chamonix to Valsavarenche and from Valsavaranche to Chamonix
- Drinks, snacks, picnic lunches and personal expenditure
- Personal equipment (link to our partner shop here if you want to rent it)
- Insurances (cancellation and repatriation)
- Accommodation in Chamonix
- Transportation to/from Chamonix
- Anything not indicated in the “included” section
Options on request: Contact us here
Transportation to/from Chamonix
Accommodation in Chamonix