Vallée Blanche - Skiing
What skier has never heard of the “Vallée Blanche”? Probably the most famous off-piste descent in the world, and for good reason! Almost 3000m of vertical drop, 20km including 11km only on glaciers.
More than a ski descent, it is an immersion in the high mountains, a unique experience, a "must to do"!
The price mentioned above is the price per guide. Whether you are 1 to 6 people the price remains unchanged. Beyond 6 people, you will need to book a second guide. If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact us via our contact form, the link of which is here.
Be careful not to underestimate the alpine character of the Vallée Blanche: skiing at altitude, cold, wind and changing snow are common and can change in a few minutes. Skiing up there is a privilege, an opportunity but also a responsibility. You must be aware of the peculiarities and dangers of descending on an unsecured glacier. Our guides are knowledgeable professionals and will give you confidence for an unforgettable day.
Your guide will contact you a few days before to set up your meeting together, to check the equipment and to answer any questions you may have.
The big day will start with a small but very important safety briefing before setting off for the summit of the Aiguille du Midi by cable car. We will take advantage of being up there to take a tour of the horizon from the summit terrace before setting off, roped up and on foot, on the ridge of the Aiguille du Midi. Nothing difficult, but it’s impressive!
200m further, you are on skis for a dream descent!
Your guide may, depending on the conditions, be required to modify the program and/or the itinerary.
For lunch, we offer two options:
- a meal at the Requin refuge about halfway
- or picnic (to be provided) on the Mer de Glace
In both cases, lunch is not included in the price.
- 1 day
- Good - Red piste level and off-piste experience required
- From December to April
- Group size
- From 1 to 6 people per guide
- Ways to travel
Included / Excluded :
- UIAGM / IFMGA international mountain guide. Our guides speak fluent English and beside the safety of your group, they will make your alpine experience unforgettable.
- Collective mountain equipment (rope, carabiners, …)
- Drinks, snacks, picnic lunches and personal expenditure
- Personal equipment (link to our partner shop here if you want to rent it)
- Lift / ski passes
- Insurances (cancellation and repatriation)
- Accommodation in Chamonix
- Transportation to/from Chamonix
- Anything not indicated in the “included” section
Options on request: Contact us here
Transportation to/from Chamonix
Accommodation in Chamonix
Lift / ski passes